Sinister Souls Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sinister Souls Forum

Click to go to Homepage

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

883 or 1200

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
Officer
Officer
Mike

883 or 1200 Empty
PostSubject: 883 or 1200   883 or 1200 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Peter and I stoped into the "Harley" showroom today and I got to tell you they do it up right.

I think Peter was kind of leaning toward the 883 because of price ( and I think the salesman was pushing in that direction to), but personally if at all possible I think he should go with a 1200.

Number one is, " there is no replacement for displacement".

It's better to have extra umpf and not need it than to need it and not have it.

If you are out riding double (with a gf thats a real posibility) you will be appreciating the 1200, especially in any hilly terain.

Also at resale time you'll definately get more for the 1200 than the 883, just look at any m/c sales sheet and you can see the difference.

As far as adding a 1200cc kit later on, it seems you always have the money for a payment but add on goodies always get put off til you get get a few extra bucks ahead (which almost always never happens).

So thats my 2c's.

What do the rest of you think?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Peter
President
President
Peter

883 or 1200 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 883 or 1200   883 or 1200 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 12:32 pm

yeh the price was the main thing on me wanting the 883. If i got the 1200 nightster I would be spending the $2000 more plus i would need a new seat like before I even got on it running me at least another $500 then add the passenger pegs in the back and im really really up there in price. What I might have to do is just not get it from a dealer and get a bike off of ebay or craigslist. I just wanted it from a dealer because I trust that it will be in mechanically great shape if im going to spend some 7000-9000 on a bike I wanto be sure nothing is wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://sinistersouls.freehostia.com

883 or 1200
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sinister Souls Forum :: Chat :: Motorcycle Chat-
Jump to: